8.21.2008

Sunflowers on Steroids

Driving home from the dog park last night and nearly wrecked my car when I saw these sunflowers. Hard to tell in the picture without a point of reference for comparison, but these are the most ginormous sunflowers I've ever seen. I would've held my hand up to it so you could see just how enormous they were (see previous post - I love freakishly large or small anything!), except they were about 11 feet tall! The flower was at least 12" in diameter, if not more. (Notice the roof of the house in the bottom left of the photo).




I thought, "Oh, perfect, I'll stop and get a picture and put it on my blog!" So I stop, and it turns out there are people on the porch - a middle-aged couple and what I assume were their two grandchildren. So I ask if I can take a picture of their flowers, and just as they say "Sure," my dog jumps out of the car window and into their front lawn, tearing across their yard, hopping the wrought-iron fence into the neighbors yard, knocking all manner of crap over and generally causing the most enormous ruckus ever. As I run over the side yard to try and corrall him in, he slips past me and back onto their front porch and into their house! Luckily they were exceedingly chill and laughing the entire time, and the grandkids thought it was the coolest thing ever.

But this is what happens when he sees a cat. Or a skateboarder (see previous post). Otherwise he is such a great dog, but oh my god I want to smack his face so hard when he does shit like this. Except then I look at his face and am filled with love for this insanely goofy hairy beast that makes my life a big old floppy dirty crazy adventure. Sigh.

Oh, and check out the flowers - H Street somewhere between 4th & 7th Ave, on the West side of the street. You can't miss 'em.

1 comment:

MUG said...

Oh my! Poor Rascal! He just can't help himself. But the sunflowers are gorgeous!